10 November 2011

Emerging Church

OK, there are now two areas of primary interest for me. One is what I am, for lack of a better title, calling 127, after James 1:27: " Real religion, the kind that passes muster before God the Father, is this: Reach out to the homeless and loveless in their plight, and guard against corruption from the godless world." This is probably the same thing that Andy Stanley calls "How To Be Rich".

They're probably pretty much one and the same. Both are challenges to behave as did the Pope played by Anthony Quinn in "The Shoes of the Fisherman" and give our redundant resources to the needs of the world. This is clearly the true Christian religion as far as I am concerned.

Church Is Flat The Relational Ecclesiology of the Emerging Church MovementThe second cusp of my followings is what is known contemporarily as Emerging Church. I know what I mean by this, but have yet to come up with an adequate and succinct definition to share with others. My interest goes as far back as the late 1990's when I began to have run-ins with post modernism, kind of highlighted for me for the first time by Don Matzat in 1998. Recently my curiosity was piqued by a tweet from Jay Bakker regarding a new book, The Church Is Flat: The Relational Ecclesiology of the Emerging Church Movement.

These are the two areas I plan mainly to be addressing.

Finally, I have moved bag to google blogging from wordpress. I had forgotten about my old Google blog, but thought I would ressurect it to link it with Google+, LinkedIn and Twitter.

See you all online.

No comments:

Post a Comment