01 January 2013

Supporting Organizations

If you get right down to it, supporting organizations in many respects does not make sense. I'm thinking of Komen and Planned Parenthood to start with, but then expanded my thoughts to like everybody socially and religiously and politically and thought about all this stuff.

Yeah, I give to United Way. It makes my employer look good and I can designate my contributions for Youth Emergency Services and Shelter who, I know for a fact, uses like 95% of the money for the cause instead of for their pockets. But I do NOT give it all to United Way. Before I gave any more to them, I would take it right down to YESS and give them cash. Or Hope Mission. Or Lutheran Services in Iowa.

I have even stopped supporting World Vision - too much overhead and, really, did it make a difference for Savina, the girl we supported for 9 years until she got married?


No comments:

Post a Comment